Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thanksgiving Thoughts

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, the native Ozark wild turkeys are getting a bit nervous. I see them darting around in the woods between my house and Table Rock Lake. They keep looking over their shoulders and conspiratorially talking with each other and pointing my way.  I think that they are the ones cooking up something.

I try to tell them that they needn't fear me because they don't have those little 'pop-up-I'm-done' buttons that have been genetically bred into the Butterball birds. Such interesting creatures - such little trust....

In the meantime, here's a link to some of my Thanksgiving Thoughts as recently posted at the Myeloma Beacon.

Happy belated Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends, Happy early Thanksgiving to my U.S. friends and Blessings to the rest of you around the world in your corner of Myelomaville!

No comments: