Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Day of Gratitude

I rolled out of  bed this morning and for the first time in many months, I was without significant pain and I had no nagging cold symptoms. For this I am truly grateful! Chilly and damp outside, but warm and toasty inside on this Spring Break week in Branson.

I am also mindful today of the anniversary of the passing of my mother. 23 years ago, at the age of 55, Mom died from complications of Multiple Sclerosis. The disease robbed this bright, active woman of so much. She was bedridden for several years, but she never lost her fight and her spirit. I also saw my dad, a tough, salty, career Military man, serve as an incredible example of a superb caregiver for my mom. He left us in April '99, at 67 years of age, after a two year bought with prostate cancer. I miss them both dearly.Sadly, my father-in-law passed from prostate cancer a few years after my dad.  Do I have to tell you how much I hate cancer? 


Even at 51, today I just feel like my parents kid. 'Gonna go  call my  brothers.


Deep thoughts and reminisces in this neck of Myelomaville today. And a lot of gratitude.

Be well!    Sean

No comments: